Avocados & bananas are some examples of Vitamin B6 fruits you shouldnt miss consuming in the holy month of Ramadan 2020. Avocado is a tree that’s originated from South-central Mexico, its a classification among flowering plants and belong to a family called Lauraceae.
The tree of Lauraceae bears a fruit called Avocado, its botanically refered to as a large berry containing a single large seed.
Avocados and bananas are great sources of Vitamins A, C, E, K and B-6 as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium,and potassium which can reduce your risk of heart diseases.
Making a smoothie out of this two fruits for breaking your evening fasting during these Ramadan isolation period can provide you with an abundance of health benefits and they can be made with numerous fruits and vegetables in order to acquire a healthy Ramadan isolation.
Recommended Daily Allowance of Vitamin B6,- Pyridoxine ( Avocados & Bananas);
Men 2.0 mg
Women 2.0 mg
Children 1.7 mg
Infants 0.1-0.4 mg
Overview of Vitamin B-6; Avocado & Banana
Vitamin B6 ( Avocados & bananas) is a white crystalline substance. It is soluble in alcohol and water. Long term storage, food-processing techniques,canning, use of alcohol and oestrogen are destructive to this vitamin.
Vitamin B6 such as avocado & banana are absorbed mainly in the jejunum. However its also absorbed in the ileum of the small intestine by passive diffusion. Very slight absorption takes place in the colon and synthesis of vitamin B6 is produced by a bacteria in the colon thats not absorbed to any significant extent.
Functions of Vitamin B6 (Avocados & Bananas)
- Avocados aids in food assimilation and protein and fat metabolism, especially in the metabolism of essential fatty acids.
- Its responsible for the activation of many enzymes and enzyme systems.
- Its involved in the production of antibodies which protects against bacterial diseases.
- Avocado helps in the healthy functioning of the nervous system, heart and brain.
- Its essential for the normal reproductive process and healthy pregnancies
- Vitamin B6 regulates the balance between potassium and sodium in the body which is vitally important for normal body functions.
- Avocado’s consumption is also required for absorption of vitamin B12 & for the production of hydrochloric acid and magnesium.
- It prevents tooth decay
- Vitamin B6 prevents nervous and skin disorders, which provides protection against a high cholesterol level, certain types of heart disease, and diabetes.
Sources Of Vitamin B6
- Wheat germ
- Soya beans
- Sunflower seeds
The above sources are the richest sources of Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) amongst plant foods. Vegetables,lima beans and lentils provides fair amounts. Raw foods contain more of Vitamin B6 than cooked foods.
Healing and Therapeutic Properties Of Avocado & Banana.
Vitamin B6 is being considered as a wonder treatment for a wide range of common ailments.
- Diabetes: Vitamin B6 has been found to have the potentials in the treatment of diabetes. All diabetics appear to excrete a large amount of xanthurenic acid, which is indicative of vitamin B6 deficiency. According to experts, research has shown that there is a rapid drop in the urinary excretion of this acid when 50 mg of vitamin B6 is given daily to a diabetic patient.
- Vaginal Bleeding: Vitamin B6 can treat long-standing irregular vaginal bleeding in young girls successfully. It controls the bleeding by inhibiting the activity of oestrogen and the ripening of the follicles.
- Convulsions in Infants and Women: The administration of 0.5 to 10mg of vitamin B6, t.i.d (three times daily) relieves convulsions. Feeding infants with powdered milk causes deficiency in vitamin B6 which triggers convulsion in infants.
Share and Comment On This post..