Properties And Other Valuables Got Burnt In Lagos, Residents, Traders Cried Out

Lagos

On Monday, traders and residents on Kano street in the Ebute Meta Area of Lagos State grived of their losses after fire burnt some huts and make temporary structure in the community.

 

According to H-Forbes, it started by 6pm on Sunday, it happened as a result of an electric spark after power was restored in the area.

 

It was collected that the fire started with one of the hut before spreading to the other parts of the Community.

 

Ifadamilare Adeoye, a resident, told our communicator that the fire worsened after a cooking gas explosion in one of the huts.

 

The resident, Adeoye said “there was a spark in one of the huts when the power was restored and the fire started from there before it started spreading.

“People were packing their properties, when the fire got to a cooking gas and blew up, annihilating everything in the community. Properties and valuables are lost and gone, please we are begging the government to help us.

 

Emmanuel lwuoa, A timber trader in the area said this while grieving” l was not able to rescue any of my goods because I was not around when this incident happened.
He added ” l have a timber shop here and was called that fire has taken over my shop and other places too. When I came here this morning, I saw that all my materials, industrial machines in shop has been taken away by the fire, l lost over a million Naira to incident that happened.”

 

“Our means of income has been destroyed, so we plead to our government to come to our aid, by providing an avenue by how we can hve assess to money, because we have lost everything.

 

Omowunmi Adesina, another resident, encourage the government to permit the victims rebuild their structures without attaining the lands from them.

 

Over four million worth of goods was lost in the incident, said another resident, Obioma lhesiulo.

 

Our communicators come to know that the responders at the location were men of the Lagos State Emergency Agency, Lagos State Fire Service, Federal fire service and the police.

 

Margaret Adeseye, The acting head of Lagos State Fire Service, said the cause of the fire had yet to be discovered, adding that the lganmu and llupeju fire station put out the fire.

 

She added “we got a call around 8:38pm about the fire, on getting there we met a very wild fire, covering about 1944 square meter. The structures were built in a swampy area, which was difficult for the fire engine to pass through. Notwithstanding, our lganmu and llupeju fire station put out the fire about four hours later around 12:30am”.Lagos