Plateau News: The Plateau State Governor, Hon.Simon Bako Lalong, reminds the people of Plateau State on the Lockdown, which starts every Mondays-Wednesday midnight and also added that wearing of Face masks is mandatory and defaulters will be fined with not less that N1,000 per individual stated in Plateau news.
This was contained in a Press statement By the Plateau State Commissioner for Health, Hon.Dan Manjang.
The statement read; “In view of the Executive order issued by His Excellency, Rt. Hon. (Dr.) Simon Bako Lalong, KSG, Executive Governor of Plateau State, I wish to remind the citizens of the state as follows:
1. That the lockdown which is now a standing order, begins a second past 12.00 midnight of Sunday 31st May, 2020 till 12.00 midnight of Wednesday 3rd June, 2020.
2. That the curfew imposed on the nation by the President and Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, between the hours of 8.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m., is still in force and should be adhered to.
3. That All passes earlier issued by the State government are no longer valid from the 1st of June, 2020. New passes will be issued by the relevant issuing authority as earlier announced.
4. That the wearing of face masks is mandatory and defaulters are liable to a fine of not less than N1,000.00 only, when caught.
5. That unless otherwise stated, all matters and restrictions related to the previous order as it affects COVID-19, remain in force and should be strictly observed, failure of which defaulters will have themselves to blame.
“In the light of the above therefore, the Security personnel who have been saddled with the responsibility of enforcement have been detailed to ensure total compliance of these orders please”
“His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Plateau State, Rt. Hon. (Dr.) Simon Bako Lalong, KSG, appreciates the understanding and sacrifices of all and sundry in this regards” Healthforbes Media
By Dung Donald Malou