How to use lemon for armpit odor. Body odor is that horrible smell that is generated when perspiration/sweat encounters bacteria on the skin. Sweat itself does not smell, but when associated with the dead skin cells, it gives a medium for the bacteria to develop. These bacteria break down the acids in sweat causing terrible body odor. Normally to avoid body odor, we rely upon chemical-loaded deodorants and antiperspirants which only mask the odor temporarily. How about getting rid of it naturally and permanently with lemon?
In this article, I’m going to teach you how to fight body odor naturally with lemon juice. This wonder ingredient that’s readily accessible in your kitchen will deal with the core cause of this issue. Lemon’s acidity helps to decrease the pH level of your skin, thus killing odor-causing bacteria. Lemon juice is a natural astringent that shrinks and tightens the pores and thus reduces sweat production. Its rejuvenating citrusy odor covers a bad smell too. So, let’s learn how lemon helps!
READ ALSO: How To Stop Snoring When Sleeping
How To Use Lemon For Armpit Odor: How To Prepare The Lemon Juice
- Cut a fresh lemon into two halves and squeeze out the juice from them.
- You can soak a cotton pad in this juice and rub it on your underarms and other odorous areas of the body.
- Let it air-dry to prevent body odor.
- Now take a shower or simply wash off that area.
- Repeat this process twice a day.
How To Use Lemon For Armpit Odor Using Lemon Spray
- Squeeze out the juice of two lemons.
- Mix this lemon juice with one cup of water.
- Take a spray bottle and pour this mixture into it.
- Now instead of using any store-bought deodorants, apply this homemade natural spray to your underarms whenever it stinks.
READ ALSO: Health Benefits Of Warm Water In The Morning
How To Use Lemon For Armpit Odor With Lemon Wedge
- Cut a lemon in half wedges.
- Take one-half of the wedges and rub them on your underarms, squeezing them a bit as you go.
- Wait till the juice dries up on its own.
- Wash off your underarms with water.
- Repeat it on a daily basis.
- This will not only prevent body odor but also helps to remove all the dirt, impurities, and dead skin cells from your underarms.
How To Use Lemon For Armpit Odor With Lemon And Salt
- Spread a bit of coarse salt on a plate.
- Cut a fresh lemon into two halves.
- Dip one half of a lemon in the salt, and gently rub it under your arms while squeezing the lemon so that the salt crystals mix with the juices.
- Keep rubbing against your skin to exfoliate for 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for another 10 minutes and wash off with water.
READ ALSO: Health Benefits Of Ginger
LEMON WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (ACV)
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply this on your skin using a cotton ball.
- Wait till it dries and then wipe off.
- Repeat it twice – once after taking a shower and once before going to bed on a daily basis.
LEMON WITH CORNSTARCH
- Mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to make a thick and smooth paste.
- Apply this paste evenly on your armpits and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Let it dry on its own.
- Wash off with water.
- Repeat it once daily.
READ ALSO: Health Benefits Of Boiled Apples
LEMON WITH BAKING SODA
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of water in a glass bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to make a smooth and thick paste.
- Apply it evenly on your underarms and where you sweat.
- Let it stay like this for a minute or two. Do not exceed 5 minutes
- Do not scrub, just simply wash off with water.
- Repeat it once on a daily basis for best results.
Conclusions On How To Use Lemon For Armpit Odor
If you have highly sensitive skin, you should avoid using lemon juice directly on the skin. It is better to dilute it with an equal volume of water.
- Make sure to drink a lot of water to flush out toxins from the body.
- It is a must to take a bath at least once every day.
- Avoid body odor-causing foods such as (garlic, onion, spicy foods, red meat, processed foods, sugary foods, etc.)
I hope these 7 tips may enable you to keep smelling fresh all day!