The health benefits of Ginger has being practiced for centuries. Ginger is popularly used for treating arthritis symptoms and reducing blood sugar levels. It is also commonly used for females to ease menstrual pains and calm nausea feelings. For those suffering from dried lips and mouth sores, ginger is also used to keep your mouth healthy.
Ginger is good to take daily since it has the capacity to fight germs, illness, inflammation, and cancer-causing molecules. Adding a little bit of ginger every day to your cooking can support your overall health. Personally, it’s either I blend 2cloves of ginger and drink them with warm water or I add them to my stews, soups, noodles, pasta, and most of my meals, you can start doing the same to start a healthy living with Healthforbes. Below are some health benefits of Ginger.
6 HEALTH BENEFITS OF GINGER
1. Ginger helps relieve nausea and motion sickness without causing the drowsiness that sometimes comes with the drugs. For some people undergoing surgery ginger may relieve them from certain vomiting that comes afterward, even pregnancy-related nausea such as morning sickness can be tackled by sipping warm water of blended ginger every morning.
2. Ginger Relieves the pains of migraines and arthritis by blocking the pro-inflammatory hormones. Osteoarthritis is a common health problem. Arthritis is the degeneration of the joints in the body which leads to symptoms of stiffness and joint pains.
3. Ginger may help prevent certain types of cancer such as colon and ovarian cancer. Gingers contain an anti-cancer substance (gingerol) that may help prevent breast, liver, gastrointestinal, pancreatic, and other deadly cancer.
4. Ginger can reduce flatulence when added to bean dishes or legumes during cooking because ginger may help with weight loss as it plays a role in reducing body weight and the waist-hip ratio. and the hip ratio in people with overweight or obesity. Its mechanism of action is that it helps to increase the number of calories burned or reduce inflammation.
5. Ginger tea relieves cold. Protect against disease and fight germs.
6. It lowers cholesterol and relieves indigestion. Ginger is known to have powerful anti-diabetic properties as it lowers blood sugar levels and improves various heart disease risk factors.
HEALTH RISKS ON HEALTH BENEFITS OF GINGER
1. Ginger causes blood clotting: Do not eat ginger if you have bleeding disorder as it may inhibit clotting.
2. Ginger lowers blood sugar. Do not too much of it.
3. Ginger causes miscarriage and other problems if taken during pregnancy.
4. Ginger may inflame the mouth and mocous membrane when it generate more heat inside the body.
Consuming ginger while on medication that slows bleeding such as warfarin, may cause bleeding and bruises. If you’re on this medications, do not eat ginger.