Ekiti State Governor, Mr Kayode Fayemi just announced today being on Saturday 25th April 2020 evening that four new COVID-19 cases had been recorded in the state.
Mr Fayemi announced that the four new cases “are primary contacts of the fourth recorded case at Ekiti News, a male doctor”, who carried out a surgery on the recently deceased third positive case, during childbirth.
Governor Fayemi said in a statement on COVID-19 update that the newly confirmed cases are currently stable and asymptomatic and they have been transferred to the State’s Isolation Centre, Ado-Ekiti.
The governor said the contact tracing team had started the process of contact tracing of their immediate contacts for isolation.
The new cases had since joined the doctor at the Isolation Centre.
He stated, “Ekiti State Government has received notice from Nigeria Centre for Disease Control of four new COVID-19 positive cases, in the State.
“This brings the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Ekiti State to eight. Five active, two discharged, and one death.”