Eat 3 dates a day for weight loss. In many tropical areas dates is the fruit of the date palm tree which is grown. Over the years, dates have become quite popular in daily consumption. Dried dates are almost sold in Western countries
Based on the appearance, one can tell whether or not dates are dried or fresh. Personally, I consume 3 dates daily. A wrinkled skin indicates they are dried, whereas smooth skin indicates freshness.
Depending on the variety, fresh dates are fairly small in size and range in color from bright red to bright yellow. Medjool and Deglet Noor dates are the most commonly consumed varieties.
Dates are chewy with a sweet flavor. They are also high in some important nutrients and have a variety of advantages and uses.
READ ALSO: Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola
In this article, I will discuss some health benefits of eating 3 dates daily and how to incorporate them into your diet, especially your daily breakfasts.
Both diet and exercise are an inevitable part of a weight loss goal. Missing out on any of the two will not provide you desired weight loss effect. But you have to be very particular about what you eat while trying to shed those extra kilos. The food items should be nutritious, fiber-rich, and low in calories and dates are excellent fruits that fit in this group. This sweet fruit has numerous proven health benefits and weight loss is one of those. The fruit enables to flush out of toxins from the body, regulates blood glucose levels, and reduces inflammation.
Nutritional Value To Eat 3 Dates A Day For Weight Loss
- Carbs :44% to 88%
- Dietary fiber: 6.4 % to11.5%
- Protein : 2.3% to 5.6 %
- Fats :0.2 %-0.5 %
- It also contains iron, magnesium, copper, calcium, sodium, and essential vitamins.
Below Are How Dates Help In Weight Loss
- High fiber content: Foods high in fiber content slow down the absorption process in the large intestine, thereby making you feel fuller for a longer period of time. Fibers also help in the production of short-chain fatty acids in the gut, which helps in the digestion process and ultimately boosts the metabolism.
- High in unsaturated fatty acid content: Not all fats are bad for health. The unsaturated fatty acids present in dates help to reduce inflammation, which occurs due to various reasons like injury, swelling, and consumption of unhealthy food items.
READ ALSO: Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Water In The Morning
- Excellent source of Protein: When trying to shed kilos, one needs to eat a good amount of protein, which is present in dates. Proteins can help you build and repair muscles.
- Satiates the sweet tooth: The greatest challenge when on a weight loss diet is to control your carving for sugary stuff. This sweet fruit will not only curb your craving for something sweet but will also prevent you from consuming unhealthy food items
READ ALSO: Can Dates Help In Managing Diabetes?
How Many Dates Can You Consume Daily?
Dates may help in weight loss only when you consume them in moderation. Excess of anything can lead to weight gain. Have 3 to 5 dates every day to satiate your sweet tooth and keep your hunger pangs at bay.
Add chopped dates to your fruit salad or dessert or you can have it with a glass of warm milk. You can also put it in yogurt, custard, chutney, dips, cakes, etc.