Cabbage Juice Benefits For Ulcer has been used for centuries to treat peptic ulcers, a sore on the lining of your stomach, small intestine, or esophagus. A peptic ulcer in the stomach is called a gastric ulcer. A duodenal ulcer is a peptic ulcer that develops in the first part of the small intestine(duodenum). An esophageal ulcer occurs in the lower part of your esophagus.
- There Are 2 Types Of Peptic Ulcers
Gastric ulcer -occurs in the stomach.
A duodenal ulcer occurs in the first part of the small intestine.
Peptic ulcers occur when acid in the digestive tract eats away at the inner surface of the stomach or small intestine. The acid can create a painful open sore that may bleed.
Your digestive tract is coated with a mucous layer that normally protects against acid. But if the amount of acid is increased or the amount of mucus is decreased, you could develop an ulcer.
The causes of most ulcer issues include:
- Alcohol abuse
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Infection with Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
- Fasting or not eating when due.
- Not drinking adequate water.
- Tobacco smoking/taking in a lot of air.
READ ALSO: Garden Egg Leaves Health Benefits
The few signs and symptoms of ulcers include :
- Tarry stools
- Blood in the stool
- Bloody vomiting
- The feeling of Fullness, bloating or bleeding
- Burning stomach pain
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite etc
Helicobacter pylori are now considered the leading cause of stomach ulcers. The bacterium is present in the majority of people with ulcers. Helicobacter pylori are spiral-shaped bacteria that can cause peptic ulcer disease by damaging the mucous coating that protects the stomach lining and duodenum. Once H.pylori has damaged the mucous coating, powerful stomach acid can get through to the sensitive lining. Together the stomach acid and H.pylori irritate the lining of the stomach or duodenum and cause a peptic ulcer.
Left untreated, peptic ulcers can result in the following:
- INTERNAL BLEEDING. Bleeding can occur as slow blood loss that leads to anemia or as severe blood loss that may require hospitalization or a blood transfusion. Severe blood loss may cause black or bloody vomit or black or bloody stools.
A hole (perforation) in your stomach wall. Peptic ulcers can eat a hole through (perforate) the wall of your stomach or small intestine, putting you at risk of serious infection of your abdominal cavity (peritonitis).
READ ALSO: Ulcer Treatment With Pawpaw
- OBSTRUCTION. Peptic ulcers can block the passage of food through the digestive tract, causing you to become full easily, vomit, and lose weight either through swelling from inflammation or scarring.
- GASTRIC CANCER. Studies have shown that people infected with H. pylori have an increased risk of gastric cancer.
You may reduce your risk of peptic ulcer if you follow the same strategies recommended as home remedies to treat ulcers. It also may be helpful to:
- Protect yourself from infections. It’s not clear just how H. pylori spread, but there’s some evidence that it could be transmitted from person to person or through food and water.
- You can take steps to protect yourself from infections, such as H. pylori, by frequently washing your hands with soap and water and by eating foods that have been cooked completely.
- Use caution with pain relievers. If you regularly use pain relievers that increase your risk of peptic ulcer, take steps to reduce your risk of stomach problems. For instance, take your medication with meals.
- Work with your doctor to find the lowest dose possible that still gives you pain relief. Avoid drinking alcohol when taking your medication, since the two can combine to increase your risk of stomach upset.
HOW TO USE UNRIPE PLANTAIN AND CABBAGE JUICE BENEFITS FOR PEPTIC ULCER
Cabbage juice is a long-standing traditional medicine against peptic ulcers. Look for ½ head of white cabbage, wash and cut it into small pieces. Put this cabbage with ½ of the water in the blender and blend. Then filter or squeeze the mixture OR put the cabbage in a mortar pound and press the juice out then fill it in a can or pet bottle.
Cut five unripe plantains in small parts, fill in the same pet bottle with that cabbage juice, fill the can with warm water to stay for a day or two days, and Drink your water throughout the day. when it finishes, fill another water in the same can with that unripe plantain and repeat as usual for three days.