In this article, we discuss the benefits of sugarcane in early pregnancy. As an expectant mom, you are probably cautious of your eating addictions and critical about what you choose to eat and drink daily. If you are thinking of drinking sugarcane juice during pregnancy but are skeptical about whether it is good for you, this post is for you.
Researchers have discovered that consuming sugarcane juice with ginger can help reduce the incidence of morning sickness during pregnancy and strengthens your immune system as well. Diabetic patients must choose direct sugarcane derivatives over refined sugars to help regulate their glycemic index.
During pregnancy, fruits are generally recommended for expecting mothers. When it comes to Fruits for expectant mums, SUGARCANE is on my top list.
It is very nutritious, has a delicious taste, is available worldwide, and above all VERY CHEAP especially in African countries and Asian countries like India.
Also, do you know Sugar Cane has more Vitamins and Minerals than refined Sugar?
Health Benefits Of Sugarcane In Early Pregnancy
- Constipation: Due to its Laxative properties Sugarcane is a good remedy for all (including pregnant women) facing constipation challenges thereby improving bowel. A lot of pregnant women undergo indigestion and constipation. Including sugarcane juice in your routine diet can help combat the indigestion issue. Furthermore, you can get relief from stomach infections too.
- Strengthens the Immune System: due to its antioxidant properties, it enables combatting infections. Antioxidants in fresh sugarcane juice strengthen the immune system and help in fighting against infections, flu, and colds during pregnancy.
It also sustains the bilirubin levels and protects your liver. A strong immune system is not only good for the mother but also safeguards the health of your baby inside your womb.
- Fatigue: due to its rich amount of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium & other minerals, it helps pregnant women who suffer from fatigue in replenishing and boosting energy.
- Weight Loss: Have you considered shedding some weight lately, do you know Sugar Cane contains good soluble fiber which helps in weight loss and removal of waste cholesterol from the body?
- Aids Digestion: Having challenges in food digestion, try to add sugar cane to your diet.
- Skin: it curbs aging and in maintaining your skin well hydrated. Cures skin concerns, acne can become horrible during pregnancy due to the increased estrogen levels. Glycolic acid, commonly found in sugar cane, is known to treat acne effectively. So, drinking a glass of sugarcane juice will help you get rid of acne issues.
- Acidity and stomach burn: its alkaline nature makes it a good remedy for acidity and stomach burn problems.
- It helps in the treatment of URINARY TRACT INFECTION.
Urinary tract infections are widespread during the pregnancy phase. Sugarcane juice, being a natural antioxidant and a good source of minerals, helps you combat UTIs. Its intake is also beneficial to treat other diseases such as kidney stones and jaundice.
- Wards off morning sickness: Morning sickness is a common symptom experienced by pregnant women. Nonetheless, sipping sugarcane juice with a bit of ginger will help reduce this concern.
- Boosts energy: If you are feeling weak and need a quick supply of energy, a glass of sugarcane juice could help. The sucrose content in sugarcane juice helps to heighten the energy levels, rehydrates the body, quenches thirst, and will also restock the lost levels of sugar.